WaterHealth recognizes that knowledge and community engagement are important factors in the widespread adoption of safe water usage. We develop partnerships with health care professionals and respected community service organizations to provide outreach and education programs in the communities where we operate.
We communicate the relationship among clean water, hygiene and good health. Recognizing that children can influence the behaviors of the entire household, WaterHealth focuses on the education of school children, who carry the message of the importance of safe water home.
A Safe Water Campaign is established in every community where WaterHealth operates to educate children and villagers on the importance of using potable water.
1. School health education program
2. Teachers’ training
3. Formation of a School Cabinet
4. Education awareness activities
5. Visit of school cabinet members to the local WaterHealth Center
6. School children taking an oath to use safe water
7. Child to community interaction, utilizing their knowledge to influence others in the community